Pete Meeker’s legal career spans over 40 years in various concentrations including business transactions, corporate law, wills and probate, real estate, commercial leases, and appellate law.
He has represented numerous businesses throughout the entire lifecycle of the organization, beginning with the formation of the entity, through mergers and acquisitions, real estate transactions, and exit strategies. Pete also has worked with numerous clients to protect their families’ financial security through estate planning and probate assistance.
Pete practiced appellate law and was Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law for many years.
Pete received his J.D. in 1979 from the University of Texas School of Law, and a B.A. (cum laude) in 1976, also from U.T. He holds the Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating, a peer rating signifying professional excellence, and maintains membership in local and state bar associations in his practice areas.
Beyond his professional achievements, Pete serves in various leadership roles within the First United Methodist Church of Austin, previously as Chair of the Administrative Board. He is also a long-time member of the Rotary Club of Austin, having served as the organization’s president and as chair of its Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Has represented numerous closely held business entities from the entities’ creation to eventual exit, including the entities’ formation, business transactions, and sale or other disposition
- Has represented numerous healthcare providers and other businesses in the purchase/sale of their assets or merger with other entities
- Has represented numerous business entities in the purchase, sale, and leasing of real estate
- Has worked with numerous clients in creation of their estate plans and execution of estate planning documents to accomplish their estate planning goals
- Has worked with numerous clients in dealing with issues surrounding the loss of family members, including settling their probate estates
- Has significant experience in appellate law with a wide range of subject areas ranging from medical malpractice, insurance defense, breach of contract, probate, family law, to appeals of administrative agency decisions
- State Bar of Texas (admitted 1979) (Sections: Real Estate, Probate and Trust, Business Law, and Corporate Counsel)
- Member, Austin Bar Association (Sections: Real Estate, Probate and Estate Planning and Business, Corporation and Tax Law)
- Member, College of the State Bar of Texas
- Admitted to practice in United States Supreme Court and United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating